Steve Jackson's Ogre®
i've been playing Steve Jackson's Ogre, and its sister game GEV, since Christmas break of 1988, and i've owned several different editions of both games. It is the only game/franchise in my collection which has survived all of my relocations since that time, and it holds a special place in my games collection. Despite it being a two-player game, and not having anyone to play it with, i still keep up to date with the game's materials, create fan-made content for it, and manage to play solo scenarios from time to time.
- Starting with the arrival of the Designer's Edition of the game in 2013, i maintain a massive Ogre photo album.
- In early 2019 that album was split off into two, with the new one being dedicated specifically to painting of Ogre minis.
- In support of an article published in Ogrezine 2 about painting those miniscule Ogre infantry models, i've started a more specialized album dedicated to that topic.
- The Build Your Own Ogre tool, hosted on this site since 2009, was reimplemented and modernized as part of the site's relaunch in late 2018.
- The MOOSE solo-play system provides a rich set of "AI" rules with which to automate the Ogre in the core game's Basic and Advanced scenarios. Feedback for this system has been surprisingly positive.
- Ogre Map Construction Kit - an SVG template for creating Ogre-compatible maps at any scale.
- My public Ogre GDrive folder, containing a variety of bits and pieces for the game.
- CRT dice labels - SVG-format labels for creating CRT dice.
Ogre is a registered trademark of Steve Jackson Games Incorporated.